一期一会 “One life, one encounter” –– Japanese proverb
To experience Japan is to experience colours more brightly, sounds more deeply and tastes more intensely. We’re not resorting to artistic license or taking liberties here: Tokyo really is as energetic and creative as they say; Kyoto as majestic and beautiful; Hiroshima as moving and humbling. No amount of writing can do it justice so our aim here is to show some of the wonders on offer in the Land of the Rising Sun (and of course there are more than fifteen). Sometimes a picture really is worth a thousand words.
1. The food is incredible and Tokyo’s Tsukiji Market encapsulates the country’s penchant for seafood.
2. The lights of Tokyo shine bright.
3. The bullet trains are as sensational as people say.
4. The shrines and temples are beautiful, and Kyoto’s Fushimi Inari-Taisha is a must-see.
5. There are robots everywhere and Tokyo’s Robot Restaurant is essential viewing.
6. You can spot genuine – and tourist – Geishas in Kyoto.
7. The nightlife is never-ending in Osaka.
8. Animal cafes are abundant and there is a pug cafe in Kyoto ♥️
9. The shopping is fantastic and Beams is a stylish haunt.
10. The toilets warm you, wash you and play music for you.
11. The people are incredibly polite and very hardworking.
12. The scenery is stunning.
13. There are nearly as many bars as there are people in Tokyo.
14. It’s never easy to predict what might happen next…
15. You can meet deer up close and personal on the island of Miyajima, Hiroshima.
Watch it all here 👇
–– Rosie Pentreath, December 2017.
• 7 Reasons To Travel According to Philosophy
• Abroad: Brooman, New South Wales
really want to return to Tokyo, my dream it would be to stay there a few months… let’s see! your blog is so amazing Rosie 🙂 all the best, PedroL
LikeLiked by 1 person